Sunday, September 28, 2014

Simplicity 2215


Snake print has been pretty popular for the last couple of years. I had been admiring a snake printed maxi at J Crew (several seasons ago) when I came across this lovely print at Joann Fabrics.


I have to admit that this is the second version of this skirt. Both times I had issues with the sizing. The first version of this skirt I cut the largest size because when I folded the pleats and did a paper fitting it was the correct size. I cut the fabric sewed it up and it was waaaay to big. I tried cutting the sides to make it smaller and somehow the bottom became uneven and after that it was just a mess. I couldn't get it even and it became so short I just gave up and threw it out. Luckily JoAnn still had this fabric so I bought more and was determined to get it right.
This time I measured the pattern and cut the size 10. After I stay-stiched the pleats and pinned the sides it was still to big! I made sure I didn't miss any pleats so I am not sure why it keeps turning out big. Argh, again I resorted to cutting the sides down and this time it worked out. This fabric is sheer so I lined it with a black bemberg and the invisible zipper went in with no problem.
 I really like this skirt. My go to silhouette is a pencil skirt so this is a nice change of pace. Being petite I don't do a lot of length so this is the a good "midi" length for me. The pattern is okay, the directions were simple enough and I'm sure my sizing issues are related to my inexperience so I would recommend it to anyone on the fence.


No comments:

Post a Comment